Liebster Blog Award
The Liebster Blog Award is an award for new bloggers. It is a great way to get some exposure for all of us who feel (sometimes) like we are writing to ourselves. Here are the instructions for any nominated blogs...
- link back to the blog that nominated you
- post 11 random things about yourself
- answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator (scroll to the bottom of the post)
- create 11 questions for the people you nominate
- choose 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers and link to them on this post
Thank you so much to Science in the City for nominating me!
11 Random Things About Myself
1. I have never lived more than three hours from where I was born.
- 2. I played basketball in college - even though I wasn't very good I was chosen to be on the team because of my great attitude.
3. My husband played basketball in college - he was the star of the men's team.
4. I could eat pizza all day every day, but my oldest daughter hates pizza so I don't get it very often.
5. My dream job would be professional reader. It would require me to read lots of different books.
6. I was planning on being a doctor, and even went to medical school before realizing that I was in the wrong field.
7. I have three children 5 and under.
8. When I was in first grade my teacher wrote on my report card that I had a tendency to get the whole class excited about new projects - unfortunately very few of my ideas were on her lesson plan.
9. I was a lifeguard for most of college and high school, but I can't stand to put my face in the water while I swim.
10. The street I live on is full of kids. I feel a little bit like I am in a tv show because it is unreal how much fun this whole neighborhood is.
11. I was 100% convinced that my blog would only be up for a month before I gave up.
11 Questions from The Liebster Blog Award
- How long have you been teaching and what grade do you currently teach?
- What advice would you give a brand new teacher?
My advice for all teachers, even though you didn't ask, is to remember that every kid in your classroom is somebody's baby. Even when they are awful, treat them the way you would want your baby to be treated.
- What made you decide to enter the blogging world?
- Which blog do you really love to read?
- If you could visit any place in the world where would you go and why?
- What pets do you have? (If you don't have any - what pets would you really LOVE to have?)
PS - Don't ever, ever get a dog before you are settled down with a house of your own. What was I thinking????
- When you were a child what was your favorite book? What is your favorite children's book today?
- Do you speak any other languages? If so, which ones?
- What is one item you can't live without?
- If you look up from your computer right now what do you see?
- What is your favorite charity?
11 Other Questions From Science in the City
- What grades and subject(s) do you teach?
- What made you decide to be a teacher?
- How long have you been teaching?
- What type of district do you teach in (large/small, urban, suburban, rural)?
- What do you think is your strength (or your favorite part) of teaching?
- What part(s) are your weakness or do you dislike?
- What blogs do you really like?
- What are you most proud of?
- What hobby do you enjoy?
However, my husband and I have been watching Everest: Beyond the Limit, and while I would never climb Mt. Everest (too dangerous), I am planning on climbing Mt. St. Helen's and Mt. Adams this summer.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Why did you start blogging?
Here are 11 questions for my nominees...
1. What is your funniest school/kid story?
2. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be doing?
3. If you won the lottery, would you keep teaching?
4. What was the last thing you bought on Teachers pay Teachers?
5. What was the last thing you sold on Teachers pay Teachers?
6. Do you use standards based grading in your school/classroom? Do you like it?
7. If you could tell Congress/President Obama one thing that needed to be changed in our education system, what would it be?
8. What is your favorite show on tv right now?
9. What are your plans for this summer?
10. What are your plans for Spring Break?
11. Who is your hero?